The MEA Advantage
MEA membership means harnessing the collective power of 140,000-plus members to bargain collectively for fair wages and working conditions for teachers and education support professionals, as well as high-quality education for our students.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg, though—MEA members receive numerous advantages for their careers, for their rights, for their wallets and for public education.
To learn more about the advantages of MEA membership—or for answers to any of your questions—call MEA's new Help Center toll-free at 866-MEA-HELP (866-632-4357), or live chat with a Help Center operator.
Here’s a breakdown of just some of the advantages of MEA membership:
The MEA Advantage for Your Career
- Online professional development
- Conferences and trainings
- Assistance with special education issues
- Help with state and national certification
The MEA Advantage for Your Rights
The MEA Advantage for Your Wallet
The MEA Advantage for Public Education
- Belonging to Michigan's leading education organization
- Advocacy and communications
- Better contracts together
MEA Advantage Toolkit
- The MEA Advantage - Kit instructions
- The MEA Advantage Brochure
- The MEA Advantage: What do you get for your dues dollars
- The MEA Advantage: Benefits of MEA Membership
- The MEA Advantage: Online professional development gives members career advantage
- The MEA Advantage: Legal services protect members
- The MEA Advantage: Members have access to employee rights experts
- The MEA Advantage: Turning dues into savings
- The MEA Advantage: Michigan's leading education organization
- The MEA Advantage: What do you get for your dues dollars - POSTER
Video message from MEA Secretary-Treasurer Rick Trainor: “What do I get for my dues dollars?