Since the final approval of the Administrative Rules Governing Michigan Teacher Certification on May 18, 2012, the Michigan Department of Education has put in place new procedures regarding Teaching Certificates. Teachers may now progress to the Professional Certificate or renew the Professional Certificate with District Provided Professional Development (DPPD).
Renewing an advanced certificate
Highly Qualified certification
First Rule of Teacher Certification
It is the teacher's responsibility to keep his/her certificate valid at all times. Please know what type of certificate you hold and its expiration date.
Teacher certification online system
- Access your Certification Records Online
- Certification Nullification
- FAQs about Teacher Certification and Related Topics
- National Board Certification
- Out-of-State Applicants for the Initial Michigan Teaching Certificate
- Michigan Department of Education Quick Reference Directory
- MDE Form - District Provided Professional Development Record for Certificate Renewal