To help ensure that the education of our students and the working environments of our members are of the highest quality.
To help develop local capacity by the identification and development of strategies and policies that build on our diversity, and cultural competency.
Commission Charge: To promote global understanding through respect for diversity interdependence, and leadership to improve teaching and learning for all people.
THE COMMISSION WILL:
- Identify, review and recommend professional development and instructional resources for use in combating bias or discrimination while enhancing cultural competency.
- Identify, review, recommend and support professional development and opportunities for students to learn about the educational policies, programs and practices of other countries/nations.
- Assist in planning the association’s recognition of National Multicultural Diversity Day with emphasis on teaching and learning.
- Delegate a representative to advise and assist in the planning of the Human Rights/Excellence Awards Banquet.
- Manage the screening and selection for the MEA Elizabeth Siddall Award, and submit a nomination for the NEA Applegate/Dorros Peace Award.
- Explore future electronic newsletters.