MEA members and supporters share what they’re thankful for
With Thanksgiving coming up, MEA asked subscribers to its Facebook page what they’re thankful for this holiday season. Here are a few of their responses:
- Scott Davis, speech language pathologist in Ann Arbor Public Schools: “That I'm a teacher and I make a difference.”
- Sarah Strieter, media parapro in the Port Huron Area School District: “Family, friends and the ability to work in a job I love.”
- Leslie DesJardins, teacher in the Huron School District: “My awesome students.”
- Tom McDaniel of Inkster: “Great teachers who push on despite the difficulty of their jobs and lack of appreciation from parents and politicians. You keep our country afloat.”
- Diane Osmer, teacher in Owosso Public Schools: “My family and all the families who support public education.”
MEA’s Facebook page has nearly 27,000 followers and is full of lively discussion around education issues. Join the conversation today by visiting www.mea.org/facebook. You can also follow MEA on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com/meaonline.