What are the other Benefits of SMEA?
As an active member of SMEA you:
- Receive professional and student publications (NEA Today, MEA Voice, and Tomorrow's Teachers).
- Have access to MEA's and NEA's instructional and professional resources through conferences and workdays designed for future educators.
- Have access to accurate and updated information about the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification and other certification requirements.
- Are provided coverage of $1,000,000 in liability insurance for education-employment-related incidents.
- Have access to professional networking to help you through your first years of teaching.
- Receive member discounts on purchases.
- Are eligible fo a $20 credit for each year that you were a registered member of SMEA (maximum $80) to be applied to your initial NEA professional membership dues.