What MEA-Retired does for you
- MEA-Retired retirees vigorously lobby to maintain and improve retirement and health benefits for all public school employees.
- MEA-Retired retirees work for and support public schools through programs for students and legislative lobbying and contacts.
- Mentoring students and school personnel
- Telephoning, writing letters and personally contacting legislators.
- MEA-Retired retirees facilitate preretirement seminars for currently working MEA and ESP members.
- MEA-Retired "board watches" the Michigan Public School Employees Retirement System (MPSERS) meetings and speaks up against the diminishing of retiree health benefits.
- MEA-Retired retirees serve on screening and recommending committees to make sure that recommended candidates are aware of retirement issues.
- MEA-Retired members serve as a resource at region councils to keep preretired MEA EA and ESP members aware of retirement issues and retiree chapters aware of issues in public education.
MEA-Retired chapters provide a good place for retirees to see old friends and make new friends while keeping abreast of what's happening in public education.