A=Asian B=Black H=Hispanic NA=Native American
To help ensure that the education of our students and the working environments of our members are of the highest quality.
To help develop local capacity by the identification and development of strategies and policies that build on our diversity.
Committee Charge: To address policies, programs, practices, and issues that relate to and impact the representation, participation, and support of minority groups in the association, and public education systems.
The committee will:
- Develop a research-based definition of cultural competence and culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Monitor the implementation of the affirmative action guidelines and alert the MEA Board of Directors of necessary future actions.
- Plan a progressive web page to be sustained by member contributions that posts instructional strategies and resources that exemplify cultural competence and culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Develop a template for the submission of contributions and criteria for review and approval.
- Assist the planning, marketing and implementation of the MIP and Social Justice Institute.
- Manage the screening and selection of recipients of the Connie Jackson Human Rights Award.
- Assist and advise the Executive Office in formulating a plan to meet 3-1(g) requirements at the 2014 NEA RA.
- Investigate adding links to national ethnic caucus websites.