A new six-part webinar aims to empower educators to take control of one source of professional frustration over the past two years: teacher evaluation. The webinar begins this Thursday, Oct. 19, with a one-hour section at 4 p.m.
Participants who complete three or more of the six sessions will receive State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) to use toward certification or renewal.
The first session on Thursday will investigate the key components of the continuous improvement model for teacher professional growth, including self-evaluation and goal-setting. To register, visit the Adobe Connect Event Catalog page.
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) has developed the webinar with input from the Michigan Teacher Leadership Advisory Council, which includes many MEA members.
Future webinar topics will include information about:
- How to unpack and translate frameworks into classroom observables and “look-fors”
- Evidence sources and artifacts of deliberate practice
- Building capacity through teacher-led instructional rounds
- Formative assessment of growth plan progress
- Preparing for end of cycle summative evaluation
MEA has been collaborating with MDE to develop field trainings for teachers coping with new evaluation tools and requirements in the past two years.
For more information about the webinar, contact Joe Priest at 517.241.1886 or email at email@example.com.