A=Asian B=Black C=Caucasian H=Hispanic NA=Native American
To help ensure that the education of our students and the working environments of our members are of the highest quality.
To help develop local capacity by the identification and development of strategies and policies that build on our diversity.
Committee Charge: To address policies, programs, practices and issues that relate to and impact the representation, participation and support of females in the association and public education systems.
The committee will:
- Assist in planning the association’s celebration and promotion of Women’s History Month.
- Identify, review and recommend content for the web page on providing instructional activities/resources for use in celebrating Women’s History Month.
- Monitor the implementation of the affirmative action guidelines with attention to females into staff positions and alert the MEA Board of Directors of necessary future actions.
- Assist the planning and delivery of a program to support the development of the personal attributes, academic and social skills, talents and abilities of adolescent girls.
- Manage the screening and selection of recipients for the MEA Gender Equity Award and Maurine Wyatt Award.
- Delegate a representative to assist in the planning of the Human Rights/Excellence Award Banquet; and a representative for the Social Justice Institute.
- Monitor the representation of women in MEA staff positions, state and national leadership development. Actively report related issues of concern to the Board with recommendations for Affirmative Action.
- Monitor state and national legislation addressing women’s issues.