With the volume of ads about the Presidential and Senate races in Michigan, it’s easy to forget that there are critical statewide races down the ballot that impact our students and members. In particular, we have great candidates this year for the Michigan Supreme Court and the four statewide education boards.
RSVP now to hear from the candidates via Zoom next Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.– all 10 MEA recommended candidates are scheduled to join us:
- Michigan Supreme Court— Chief Justice Bridget Mary McCormack and Elizabeth Welch
- State Board of Education— Ellen Cogen Lipton and Jason Strayhorn
- University of Michigan Board of Regents— Mark Bernstein and Shauna Ryder Diggs
- Michigan State University Board of Trustees— Brian Mosallam and Rema Vassar
- Wayne State University Board of Governors— Eva Garza Dewaelsche and Shirley Stancato
Plan now to join us on Wednesday night and get “up-beat” about our “down-ballot” candidates. After you register, you’ll receive a link to join the event via Zoom on Oct. 14 at 7 p.m.