(Appointed) Plan an awards banquet or an event where applicants are honored. The following are awards that MEA has presented in the past. Not all awards need to be given at any one time. Awards may be given on an annual, bi-annual, or for any reason granted by the committee. Awards may be given at any MEA event as deemed appropriate by the committee.
- Educational Excellence
- Gender Equity
- Migrant Education
- Multicultural Education
- Irma Ramos Bilingual Education
- Anne Sullivan Education and Support of Persons with Disabilities
- Herman W. Coleman Human Rights Awards
- Connie Jackson Human Rights Award
- David McMahon Human Rights Award
- Elizabeth Siddall Human Rights Award
- Maurine Wyatt Feminist Award
- Distinguished Service Award
Two subcommittees may be formed to handle this task, one to plan the event or events and the other to select the recipients.